On behalf of everyone at Andrews Consulting Group, I’d like to welcome you to our new blog about all things JD Edwards. As a company that specializes in helping JD Edwards users realize the value of their IT systems, we’ve accumulated a lot of intelligence about EnterpriseOne, World, and the systems and software that support them. Over the past two years, we’ve also worked hard to understand what is going on inside Oracle and how it will affect our clients. Indeed, you may have seen some of the white papers we’ve published on this topic, such as The Road Ahead for JD Edwards Customers.
While we’re proud of what we’ve done on behalf of our clients, we want to do more. That’s why we’ve created this blog to share what we’ve learned with the JD Edwards community at large. We’ll be using this web site to answer many of the questions that our clients ask us. Questions that we have already researched and developed opinions on include:
- Why did Oracle spend $20 billion buying application software companies?
- Will Fusion applications be different enough to justify conversion to them?
- Will JD Edwards customers be forced into unwanted conversions?
- Why was Applications Unlimited introduced and what are its implications?
- What exactly is a Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)?
- Is Fusion Middleware something that JD Edwards customers need to understand?
- Is it appropriate for JD Edwards customers to build a data warehouse?
- What options are available for getting improved reporting?
This blog will answer these and many more questions. Important new information and updates will appear every few days. Contributions will come from our own research efforts, field consultants working with clients, Oracle and JD Edwards employees, Oracle business partners, and most importantly, from those of you who make use of JD Edwards software every day.
Our goal is to become the preeminent source of no-nonsense, independent information about JD Edwards for all EnterpriseOne and World users. I welcome you to help us achieve that objective. Please put us in your RSS reader, drop by to see how we’re doing, comment on our articles, and tell us what burning issues you would like us to address. We’ll do our best to be your virtual and personal JD Edwards Advisor.
David H. Andrews, President
Andrews Consulting Group